[Production] S1: Magical Transformation



Most of the shots in scene 1 are magical transformations in cartoony style like Sailor Moon.


Concept Art: Visual Development for the magical transformation.

In order to make the blink effects at the background, I chose to use Adobe Animate as it has the shape transformation function. However, I found it not that useful and draw all the effects on my own.




Here are some examples I did for the blinking effect:
\\//
\\//

//

\\//

Apart from the blinking effects, the most difficult part is the movement of the cartoon. After watching references, I tried several movements of the character in order to make it looks like a typical magical girl transformation. However, the angle was so difficult to capture and I failed to make it appealing:




Anyway, I did a composition test for scene 1 in order to give a complete view to the music composer and myself.


留言