[Production] S4 Climax: Background Transformation Test

Apart from the oil texture, I would like to introduce watercolor to the beginning of the climax. This time, I really used actual watercolor to color the background. 





It looks more harmonic after color correction:





However, the above backgrounds did not match with the digital animation. The watercolor texture was too raw and stood out too much. It was disturbing. Therefore, I did several trials on imitating water paintings with software like Expressi and Procreate.

Experiments on watercolor imitation:








How to adjust the animation line with backgrounds is one of the tasks in this shot. Therefore, I kept on changing the line style and setting in Clip Studio and After Effects, in order to make the best visual combination.



After doing some research, I found out TVPaint is a good animation software to imitate watercolor brushes. There are some line tests using TVPaint. It is a cool software but it does not achieve the effect I wanted.










When I did more experiments, I was getting more confused on which effect is good. Thanks to the friends around me, they gave me different opinions and pushed me to work better. 


留言