[Production] S4 Climax: Player Transformation


When I looked back at the beginning part of the climax, I found it was weird and decided to redo the animation in a different way. My first idea is to zoom in the cassette player and the character dances on the wheel. However, I did not know how to execute the animation or layout. Therefore, I borrowed a cassette tape from my friend. I stared at the tape and sketched for the whole day. It really helped me get inspiration and more imagined images came out.

After that, I build a cassette player in Maya and started playing with the camera movement.

A Timelapse video recording the modeling:


I was not good at controlling the virtual camera in Maya so it took me so much time to figure out how the camera moves naturally. Different versions were made too:





After making a satisfactory 3D animation in Maya, I output it into Clip Studio and redrew the cel animation on top of the clip. 



For this shot, it was so tough to handle at the beginning. It turned out okay. I was excited and happy when the 2D animation was nearly done.

留言