[Production] Working on Different Softwares

For most of the 2D cel animation, I have used Photoshop, Clip Studio Paint, and Flash.

Today, I would like to talk about my feedback on Photoshop and Clip Studio after completing half of the production.

Before discovering Clip Studio, I used Photoshop for most of the shots in scene 01 and 02. The timeline system is not user-friendly as it takes time to make a new layer and there are many bugs for the onion skin function. However, I like the brush can produce an interesting texture and make a rough line. The color filling function works well without leaving too much blank pixel.

Time-lapsed progress in Photoshop:


Clip Studio Paint was recommended by a friend last year and I found the timeline is more convenient. It has more functions that enable users to make animation at a faster pace, like the vector layer and auto-fill functions, help me save a lot of time. Although it took me some times to find a similar textural line brush as rough as Photoshop's one, it is worthy.

Therefore, I was happy that I switched to use Clip Studio Paint for the later part of my project. I will definitely recommend it to my friends!

Some working screenshots in Clip Studio Paint:






留言