**Submission: Final Draft**



1. A video link of your rough cut, if yout work is video, animation, documentary, experimnent video etc.




2. A documentation of your work, if your work is installation, game, photography, sound art, code-based, network art.

N/A


3. Artist statement.



Magical Girl (2019)
Artist Statement


A piece of narrative animation inspired by my childhood.

Born with anemia, I needed to receive painful cures in the hospital alone since I was young. Isolation and depression followed me during childhood. Yet Disney’s animation films brought me joy and hope. I overcame a hard time with cartoons and laughter.

Cartoons changed my view toward life and inspired me to appreciate the colors of the world. I also built up self-confidence and brave enough to pursue my dream. Therefore, through telling a story that can trigger people’s sympathy, I want to influence the audience throughout the world, especially in Hong Kong, people lack passion and interest in their life after entering society. There are plenty of wonderful things deserving our attention. As human beings, we have our own limitation when we were born. However, we should persist in making a better life under the pressure.

To trigger the audience’s emotion with visual stimulation and explore the possibility of animation, textures of traditional media, like oil paint and watercolor were imitated in this animation. Moreover, the animation is a good medium presenting an imaginary world but people can still connect a part of themselves with characters. There is no fixed answer for the ending as I wish people will have different interpretations for the story. It depends on the self-reflection of the audience and how they make the final decision.


4. The process of the work.

See the blog posts.


5. Exhibitors: you have to confirm your exhibition space for your final presentation.

N/A

留言