[Post-Production] Difficulties in Compositing

For the post-production, I mostly worked in After Effects, which drove me crazy.

In the beginning, I imported too much PSD files with large sizes and they increased workloads of After Effects. It took a lot of time to render the preview. Even I avoided using PSD later, the software still ran slowly and I could not withstand it. The situation became better after changing the preview resolution to a quarter but it was too blur that some small mistakes were not recognized until I exported the whole video.

During exporting the whole video, it seemed to have a big burden for my laptop as it was overheated and shut down suddenly for many times. Luckily, my friend told me to cool down the laptop by using a fan. It helped a lot and reduced the loading time in After Effects.

Anyway, I will pay more attention to the file management and reduce the file size as much as possible when I work on a large-scale project in my laptop next time, in order to avoid the above problem.

A Screenshot of the Workspace in After Effects

留言